VAC-VALVE AIR RELIEF SYSTEM
Purpose: The Vac-Valve is designed to protect your central vacuum system from damage caused by blockage.
The Vac-Valve comes fully assembled and ready for use. However, it is important to install the Vac-Valve properly in order to receive the full protection it was designed to provide.
1) The Vac-Valve should be installed into a sweep 90 tee connection prior to where the pipe enters the central vacuum unit. The valve can sit either horizontally or vertically, as position does not affect its operation. Please ensure the Vac-Valve is mounted securely regardless of its position.
2) The Vac-Valve must be set for the size of the motor in order for it to provide the proper protection. To set the Vac-Valve, tighten the adjuster nut to compress the spring to the point where the valve will not open when the air flow is cut off 100%.
3) Once you reach the point where the Vac-valve will not open, turn the adjuster nut back 1 complete turn (360 degrees). This setting will usually allow the Vac-Valve to open and provide cooling air into the system if a blockage occurs. Sometimes a turn of 360 degrees may not be sufficient to open the Vac-Valve & allow cooling air to enter – so make minor adjustments moving the nut up & down until you reach the point where the Vac-Valve opens when the air flow is cut off 100%.
4) The Vac-Valve should remain closed if the central vacuum is operating normally. The Vac-Valve should ONLY open when there is insufficient air flow to the central vacuum unit.
5) The Vac-Valve is equipped with a lock nut which should be set against the adjuster nut. This will ensure that the Vac-Valves tension setting remains constant. The Vac-Valve is designed to be maintenance free and will provide many years of trouble free operation.